Aftercare for Tattoos
AFTERCARE FOR TATTOOS IS VITALLY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO ENSURE THAT THE RISK OF INFECTION
- Leave the dressing on for ___ days. Do not rub the area.
- Remove the dressing slowly (under a shower will be more comfortable).
- The tattoo will need cleaning twice a day for 2 weeks. Use a mild scent free antibacterial soap. Rinse well. Allow to air dry (or pat dry with a clean lint-free towel) and apply coconut butter or tattoo balm.
- Vegan balms such as ‘
Butterlux’ and ‘ hustlebutter’ are available at Lighthouse.
- Do not rub/scratch the area or pick at scabs. Picking at scabs will damage the tattoo.
- Do not soak your tattoo for at least 3 weeks. Shower instead of having a bath.
- Do not swim, use hot tubs or jacuzzis for at least 3 weeks.
- No sunbathing for at least a month, cover the tattoo when in the sun during this time. Thereafter, in the sunshine, always use a high factor sunscreen on your tattoo.
Healing times vary from person to person depending on many factors such as diet, lifestyle and stress. If you